The New Castle Cleaners
Can I Place This in the Dishwasher?
You have a secret weapon in your cleaning arsenal. It's your dishwasher! The dishwasher can clean more than pots and pans. Below I have listed a few unsuspecting items that you can throw in the dishwasher, and walk away while it does the hard work for you. It's as easy as putting items in the top rack and running your unit on the normal setting.
The dishwasher will throughly clean gunk and remove germs from the following bathroom items:
- Soap dishes
- Toothbrush holders
- Small plastic or metal waste baskets
- Shower sponges, poofs, and bushes
Your kitchen has lots of items that can easily be cleaned in the dishwasher.
- Spice and condiment containers
- Pet dishes
- Microwave trays, drip pans, etc.
- Sponges, dish brushes, and other cleaning tools
- Silicone oven mits
- Trash can lids
Home decor can also be taken for a spin in the dishwasher.
- Vases (Avoid if there is hand painted art work)
- Glass/globe light fixtures
- Pencil cups
- Plastic pet or kid's toys
Grooming Tools can be placed in the utensil basket for an easy cleaning. Pro tip, remove hair first!
- Hair brushes and combs
Of course, we should all use common sense when cleaning nonconventional items in the dishwasher. If you plan to clean an item listed above, make sure to inspect it for plastic parts that may not withstand the heat of a normal wash/drying cycle.